Digital Asset Management – The start of a journey towards a modular approach?
The foundation of a good customer centric strategy is delivering the right message, via the right channel at the right time. If you are thinking about tools that can support this process, the most obvious ones are probably CRM, Marketing and Artificial Intelligence tools. In this blogpost I would like to dedicate some words to a tool that completes this list: digital asset management tools, also known as DAM.
DAM is cloud-based software which acts as the single repository for all your company’s digital assets such as images, videos, logos, animations, … With this, agencies or marketing users can upload or search for components which makes it possible for them to (re-)use assets and create composites by combining them. Today, customers are constantly exposed to digital marketing messages coming from different channels, thus developing quality content is a must to capture their attention. However, creating high quality content can be very expensive and time consuming. This is where utilizing and repurposing content comes into place: it is key in establishing efficiency gains and cost reductions. (Global – local strategy)
What’s in it for me?
Enabling a DAM-system takes away the frustration of looking hours for the right assets on your local drive or in your mailbox. A DAM can act as a library where you can upload assets and tag them via standard taxonomies and metadata. One of the functionalities of a DAM is the searchability via metadata of the assets.
Some key benefits:
- Speed: increase end-to-end speed from concept to market use
- Reusability: assets can be shared and reused by other agencies that are creating content
- Compliance: link license files and define right via metadata fields, build in your own security logic
- Streamlined approach: digital asset management facilitates same style of communication, same tone of voice across business units and therapeutic areas
- Insights: understand asset usage across composites
To summarize: a DAM serves as the foundation to enable smarter, faster, compliant content at scale. It embeds digital asset management in your ecosystem and publishes towards different channels.
DAM as the backbone for long-term optimization
Reusage of approved content is a good start of the journey towards content maturity and makes a modular approach possible. This approach aims to reuse modules, which are a combination of qualitative approved assets and texts. Why is this useful? In the context of life science, we often encounter “Reference & Claim Management”. A DAM can be combined with this “R&C Management” to create a module with reusable components from the DAM, and preapproved claims.
Modular content enables brands to create and approve content once and use it everywhere, this will lead to:
- Delivery of more content with limited additional resources, meeting the demands of an omni-channel content experience across all channels and countries
- Create more speed and efficiency through identifying messages and content that have already been approved from a quality perspective
- Enable brands to quickly adapt marketing tactics with more relevant content through data driven marketing
Did this article trigger you to learn more about DAM and modular content? Interested to learn more? Contact us to request a free demo